2015 Osprey Submissions Now Open
Osprey Short Film Awards 2015
“I feel it's very important for those of us who are established in films to make sure that we put ourselves out to encourage the next link in the chain. It's not difficult to put oneself out and it was greatly enjoyable watching their films and sharing their pleasure at the awards.”
What Are The Osprey Short Film Awards?
Each year at the festival we celebrate local film making by showing a selection of short films. A panel of judges select the very best of these films and reward the talented film makers the prestigious Osprey awards.
Once again we are opening the competition to film makers or films from Cumbria, Northumbria, The Scottish Borders, and Dumfries and Galloway.
This year we are accepting short films with a connection to any of the following regions:
- The Scottish Borders
- Dumfries and Galloway
There are two categories of entry:
- An open category for all types and ages of film maker.
- A young person category for film makers 18 years and under.
To be considered for the awards the film must
- Have a significant connection to one of the four eligible regions (Cumbria, Northumbria, The Scottish Borders or Dumfries and Galloway)
- Be no more than 10 minutes long.
- Have been completed after 31st December 2013.
- Be available to view online via a private or public link.
To submit a short film to the Osprey Short Film Awards 2015 you must:
- Make your film available to view online.
- Read and agree to the submission and participation guidelines.
- Complete the online submission form.
- Pay the required entry fee to Keswick Film Festival (£5 for the Young category, £10 for the Open category).
- If shortlisted, also provide a copy of the film on DVD/Blu-Ray (other formats may be acceptable).
Submissions and entry fees must be received by Thursday 1st January 2015
A number of prizes will be awarded in different categories at the 16th Keswick Film Fetival taking place over the weekend of 26th February to Sunday 1st March 2015.
As well as showcasing great short films we also hope the Ospreys will provide opportunities for film makers to meet each other and possibly collaborate on future projects. We have created a group on Facebook called the Osprey Filmmakers Network which we invite you to join if you have entered or film in the past of are thinking of doing so in the future, or perhaps you'd like to get involved in some other way.
Osprey Filmmakers Network: http://bit.ly/OspreysNet
- 2014 Osprey Winners
- 2013 Osprey Winners
- 2012 Osprey Winners
- 2011 Osprey Winners
- 2010 CSFA Winners
- 2009 CSFA Winners
If you'd like to sponsor the Osprey Short Film Awards or supply any prizes then please contact us.